The default web application could not be determined.

Recently I was trying to deploy a BDC model to a SharePoint 2013 Farm. Creating the model was quite straight forward as known from the previous version. Then I hit Deploy and the deployment started. But suddenly this error appeared:


This solution for this problem was so easy that it took a few minutes until I figured out what the problem was. The Feature.Template.xml file was not correctly prepared. I simply added

 	<Property Key='SiteUrl' Value='http://portal/' />

And that was it. The installation went without problems. For sure you have to replace ‘http://sharepoint’ with the url of your SharePoint.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s