Today I wanted to change the settings of one of my Auth0 accounts. When hitting the save button, I got the error message “Invalid grant types: client_credentials”
The error was pretty confusing since I was not changing anything related to grant types.
After clicking around a bit, I notice the new tab for “Grant Types” in the “Advanced Settings” section. In this section, “Client Credentials” was checked but the option was disabled.
Simply de-selecting the option was not possible because it was disabled. Luckily, unchecking any other option, also updated “Client Credentials”.
Afterwards, I added the other option back and as soon as “Client Credentials” was unchecked, everything started working again.